Thursday, January 17, 2013

Swimming

On the way to swim lessons tonight Peyton SHOUTED from the backseat, "MOM!  MAAAAAHM!"

"WHAT?"

"You talked too long and I forgot what I was going to say, but I'll think of a new thing and I already thunked it."

I don't remember the new thing she "thunked", but I do know she often feels ah-nuh-nupted (interrupted) and not-so-heard.

-Sigh-

  My Bittiest Swimmah

After swim lessons we tried doing the shower and get into the pajamas routine while we were still at the pool.  I picked up this little bit of brilliance from observing other mommas who, I'm assuming, mean business about bedtime after late swim lessons.  What seemed like a great way to skip a few steps upon arriving home, was somewhat interrupted by a couple little boys who were in the shower since their primary present parent were of the mom variety.  And my two cherubs were all too interested in...... them.

At our bedtime talk, both agreed that they got what they deserved in the locker room when instead of tipping their soapy heads back into the shower and rinsing away the shampoo, they stared, mouths agape while soap ran into their eyes.  This was followed by crying and trying to rub their wet, soapy faces on my pants.  Uh....no.  Anyway, we talked about it and this is what Libby had to say:  "Mom, but penises are so cool."

"No. They're not."

"I bet scientists are going to study them someday."

Well, she might be onto something there.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails