Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Victory for Mothers Everywhere

This is a shout out to mothers everywhere. Especially those who have eyes in the back of their head....

Peyton walked by me with these in her hand the other day. I acknowledged her absentmindedly at first, but then somewhere deep within me a siren sounded, red lights flashed and I was suddenly hyper-alert of my immediate surroundings.

"Hey Peytie. Whatcha doin?"

"I going to play huh tut (hair cut) with Libby."

"Um, but you're not, k? Please go put the scissors away."

While she stood there letting my words sink in, I snapped a quick picture to remember this as The Moment I Saved Her Sister. Libby, you're welcome. I can probably hang this over your head until you're at least eighteen. Maybe longer.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails