Sunday, March 7, 2010

Laughing 'Till it Hurts

We were in Bend last week to celebrate our buddy Greyson's birthday at Bouncin' Off the Wall. Libby shows no fear on the slide. It was a Super Hero Party, so naturally, our girls wore tutus.
The Birthday Boy...
Ready for lunch!
Peyton is loving her tutu, probably because Libby usually wears hers to dance class.
Peyton looks on and dreams of the day she can join dance class too. This day she was rockin' the tutu and her Converse high tops. Who says we don't do fashion? Libby is hidden somewhere under the parachute.
Post-dance snuggles.
We were back in Bend this weekend and the weather was awesome! I snowboarded with Shane on Friday and met my friend Mo and her son Will for lunch at the Old Mill on Saturday.

After lunch at Red Robin.....
This is where the hysteria began. Will was exhausted and in no mood to smile for the camera. This is one of three pictures I took where Libby wouldn't uncover her face. And Peyton was just Peyton, along for the ride and taking cues from her (slightly) older peers. Just after I snapped this shot, Will got his second wind and spotted (across the grass) a dispenser for plastic bags for picking up your dog's poo if you're walking the trail along the river.
He took off, and before Mo could catch up to him.....
Cue Mama....
Tug-o-war ensues, though Mo was seriously outmatched holding a bag, a balloon and Red Robin leftovers....
Mo frantically tries (without success) to stuff bags back into the dispenser while I laugh hysterically from behind my camera.....
....and the winner is....... Will!

Will made it back to where the girls and I were hysterical at the whole scene, proud of himself for a job well done. Then, he turned and sprinted for the dispenser again. Luckily, in his exhaustion, he fell before he could get there. Mo was HOT on his trail this time, and had to hurdle him to avoid landing on him. More laughter from me and the girls.

The reprimand. More laughing.
We watched the whole scene from here. Through my own fits of laughter I kept telling Libby what a naughty thing to do this was. I'm telling you, she can't wait to get her own little mitts on a roll of those bags....
We're home now and we only had time tonight for dinner, baths and freshly painted nails. I did Libby's and Shane couldn't stand it. As soon as I got polish on Libby's last nail, he snagged it so he could do Peyton. Then, he proceeded to tell me how I could've done a better job on Libby. Please. I'm married to a girly-girl.
What a great Daddy. We're painting his nails tomorrow.

1 comment:

carneyclan said...

So funny.YOu have to love my son! We love you guys. Thanks for including us in the blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails