Sunday, May 15, 2016

Old

Yesterday on the way to a birthday party at the pool....

Libby: "Mom, is driving frustrating, scary and exciting?"

Me: "It can be all of those things."

Peyton: "I'm never going to learn to drive. You'll always drive me, right mommy?"

Libby: "Peyton, you have to learn to drive, because you're not going to get married, remember?"

Peyton: "So mom can drive me, right mom?"

Libby (interrupting): "What if mom lives in a retirement home?"

Peyton: "I'll live right next door to it."

Libby: "But what if she wears diapers? Mom, do all old people wear diapers?"  

Me: "Nope."

I guess it's nice that our kids are doing some thinking about the future. I like the independence that Peyton would like me to have. I'm a little worried about Libby's tendency to slap a diaper on me and stick me in a home. And the Power of Attorney goes to.....Peyton!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails