Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Baaaaaaa

Yesterday when I picked her up Libby told me a boy at school wiped a booger on her desk.  "Um.....that's gross." I said.  Then she said he also wiped ear wax on her chair.  "He sounds charming."  I had to giggle a little because this sounds like any story by anybody who ever went to school.  When I asked her how she'd responded it was all over her face why a kid in her class might pick her as the target of his disgusting displays of boyishness. She blows up like a fourth of July fireworks display.  I mean, she attempts a pokerface, but the kid has got nothin'.  No skill at hiding how she really feels.  In the end we decided next time she could get up, hand him a tissue and go back to work.  I actually thought of some great comebacks, but maybe a snarky approach isn't the best approach in first grade.  Anyway, I told her I believed that he's "gettin' your goat", and (again) we must try our best to not let others light our fuses.

A girl in her class pushed her buttons today and it was reported to me by the student teacher that Libby was very patient in a frustrating situation.  She said Libby told her, "I know how to deal with that.  I have a little sister."

The best though came tonight at dinner while Peyton was doing her best to get under Libby's skin by leaning into her as we sat at the kitchen island.  Always my firecracker Libby yelled, "PEYTON!  STOP KICKING MY GOAT!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails